Saturday, May 2, 2009

Welcome to Newfoundland 2?



Lee Fitz and I were discussing the possibility of this project today. The winter of 2004 saw the release of the first and only Newfoundland hip-hop compilation "Welcome To Newfoundland" which featured Shiest, Lee Fitz, Radar, Suave and much more. Classified, Spesh K, and Mic B made guest appearances as well. The project gained recognition from the St. John's creative community; in fact Suave and I were interviewed on the CBC morning show.

Five years later, the scene has expanded greatly to the point where there would be no problem finding enough performers and producers willing to contribute to a new homegrown compilation. Personally, I think a WTN2 could be a great promotional vehicle for new local artists, and I'd be willing to contribute a few tracks to the project. However we would need an "executive producer" of some sort; someone who could organize the recording and collection of tracks. I'm busy trying to finish up my "Number Theory" EP, but if there's anyone else out there willing to take the reigns, I'll help out in as many ways as I can. What do y'all think?

4 comments:

  1. Curtis All Day Every DayMay 3, 2009 at 12:09 PM

    Box for Prez!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any thing I can do to help let me know.reach me at jwinsorproductions@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. is this happening or what? get it poppin, i wanna hear it

    ReplyDelete